Sky Drinking Bottles by Georg Jensen won an award for product design.
Thirteen housewares suppliers ranging from well-established brands to first-time exhibitors were honored as Global Honorees of the IHA Global Innovation Awards (gia) for Excellence in Product Design on Saturday, March 5. The Global Honorees in each of 13 categories were announced during the invitation-only gia dinner on the first evening of The Inspired Home Show 2022. This is the first in-person gathering of the industry’s premier marketplace since 2019.
The list of Global Honorees includes:
- Bath + Personal Care: madesmart, Drying Stone™ Toothbrush Tray
- Cleaning: Zoom Broom, ZoomBroom Tornado
- Cook + Bakeware: Grand Fusion Housewares, Inc., Leakproof Silicone Non-Stick Baking Mat
- Home Décor + Gifts: Wine Grasp Company, wineGrasp™ Single
- Home Organization + Storage: Bous, KING JIM, “TEPRA” Lite Compact, Palm-sized Label Printer
- Household + Home Electrics: THE FOUNDATION, Steamery Cirrus No. 3
- Kitchen Electrics: Jura Inc., JURA Z10
- Kitchen Hand Tools + Cutlery: Dreamfarm , Brizzle – scoop drizzle basting brush
- Kitchenware: Dreamfarm, Spina – spin and strain colander
- Personal Electrics: Viatek Consumer Products Group, Int’l, Body Dryer
- Smart Home: Cooking Pal Ltd., Multo™
- Sustainable Products: Georg Jensen, Sky Drinking Bottle
- Tabletop: Gourmet Kitchen Works LLC, Olipac FILARE
“Congratulations to these Global Honorees of the 2022 IHA Global Innovation Awards for Excellence in Product Design; they represent the cutting-edge innovation and creativity that is driving the housewares industry today,” said Derek Miller, IHA president & CEO. “Our world-renowned gia program is the premier awards event in the industry, honoring excellence in both housewares retail and product design.”
To view the list of finalists for the IHA Global Innovation Awards for product design, click here.
Lenise Willis, editor in chief; Anne-Marie Earl, managing editor; and Alex Herring, senior editor; make up the editorial team at Gifts & Decorative Accessories. The team stays on top of the latest product trends, market debuts, consumer insights and business news in order to keep retailers up to date on what’s happening in the gift industry. With the GDA team’s reports, retailers are able to raise customer engagement, diversify their product mix and more.