IFDA Educational Foundation names 2023 board
LEWISVILLE, N.C. —The Educational Foundation of the International Furnishings and Design Assn. has announced its 2023 board of trustees, which will oversee and administer more than $30,000 in annual design-related scholarships and grants.
- Karen Dzendolet, New England Chapter – IFDA-EF chair
After a career in corporate IT, Dzendolet earned her Master of Arts in Interior Design in 2006 from the New England School of Art and Design at Suffolk University in Boston. She started her design business, KDZ Designs in 2009. She has been a member of the IFDA New England chapter since 2009 and joined the IFDA EF board in 2018 as director of scholarships and grants through 2019, vice-chair in 2020 and chair in 2021.
- Stephanie Sultanov Graham, Philadelphia Chapter – IFDA-EF vice chair/president elect
Graham is a past president of the IFDA Philadelphia Chapter. She is a graduate of the University of Tennessee with a B.A. in Theatre with a concentration in Costume Design and Harcum College in Interior Design, and she has been in the design field professionally for 30 years.
- Helen Wagner, New York Chapter – IFDA-EF past chair/advisor
Wagner has been a member of the New York Chapter of IFDA since 1993, when she was managing the 3M Public Relations Department in New York City, which represented 3M’s home furnishings and fabrics businesses. After returning to St. Paul, Minn., she continued as a member of the New York IFDA Chapter and participates in a variety of initiatives and committees while frequently traveling to New York. In 2002 and 2003, Wagner was a member of the IFDA Educational Foundation board of directors. She served as chair of the IFDA EF Board in 2022 and has been IFDA New York Chapter Secretary.
- Earline Feldman, Carolinas Chapter – IFDA-EF director of scholarships & grants Feldman received her B.F.A. from the Maryland Institute of Fine Art. A longtime IFDA member, she has served on the IFDA-EF Board on several occasions. She created and manages the Historical Homepage for Tapestries and the IFDA Educational Foundation’s website.
- Kathleen Penney, Philadelphia Chapter – IFDA-EF Director of Resources
Penney has been a member of IFDA for the past 21 years, joining as a student from Moore College of Art and Design, after which she opened her business, Kathleen L. Penney Interiors in 2000. She has served on the Philadelphia Chapter Board for more than 15 years in various roles, including President for a two-year term. Penney has also served on the national board of directors for a one-year term. This is her second term serving as director of resources.
- Sarah Fletcher, New York Chapter – IFDA-EF Director of Communications
A longtime IFDA NY Chapter member and board member, Fletcher is principal in Sarah P. Fletcher Communications, specializing in the consumer products and design industry with expertise in the non-profit sector as well.
Also returning to the IFDA-EF board in 2023 will be Shirley Ebert as financial manager; Feldman as website manager and Dawn Brinson, IFDA International Chapter president.