New York — For its two-year anniversary, designer Robin Baron plans to celebrate the success of her company’s multi-channel e-commerce site by offering a sitewide sale for the month of December.
Based in New York, Robin Baron Design is an award-winning interior design firm that specializes in luxury design. Baron established her full-service design firm in 1990 after starting out in fashion design.
Today, the company includes a full-service design firm, Baron’s Signature Collections and a multi-channel e-commerce site that provides a unique opportunity for designers and consumers to shop curated products.
Some insight on how her company’s evolution from Robin Baron:
- What made you want to evolve your design business? When sourcing for my clients online during the postponed markets in 2020, I found that there was an opportunity to create something entirely unique that many sites were missing. I also wanted to create a modern way to service both my consumer and trade audiences.
- When did you add e-commerce to your website? When everything shut down in March 2020, I began to work on pivoting my business to add an e-commerce shop to my website. Looking back over the last two years to when we first launched our e-commerce shop in December of 2020, it’s still hard to believe that we are now celebrating our second anniversary.
- What made you decide to launch your e-commerce shop? Our company has been fortunate to celebrate decades of success within high-end residential and commercial projects and designing for our luxury clientele, and with my design firm’s 30th anniversary coinciding with global shutdowns, I wanted to evolve, grow and challenge our team to create something new for our industry.
- What makes your firm different? I always say, “Confidence Begins at Home” and it’s become the tagline for my firm. When I design for my luxury clients, I always refer back to my motto. I want to help bring positivity into my client’s homes and lives, and I do so through my designs. When we first started strategizing for what we envisioned including in our online shop, we knew that we wanted to continue this line of logic, to help create a positive atmosphere to go along with beautiful design. Our shop offers an assortment of assents so that our customers have access to create a beautiful home.
- Where did the idea come from to open a shop? In my entire interior design career, I have always designed custom furnishings for my luxury clients. In 2017, I decided to use my experience designing custom pieces to launch my own furniture and hardware collections, which very quickly expanded to become a full lifestyle brand, including hardware, casegoods, upholstery, rugs and lighting collections. The success of these collections was the spark that inspired the pivot into e-commerce when everything shut down in 2020. It allowed for designers and consumers to have access to my collections, along with countless other curated products, from the comfort of their homes.
- Are you still creating your own product collections? Yes, I have a new fashion-forward lighting collection in partnership with The Minka Group that first launched in January 2022. I also have a hardware collection with luxury brand Hamilton Sinkler, and I have several new collections and partnerships launching in 2023.
- Is creating an e-commerce shop easy? Was it easy? No. Was it exciting and complicated and incredible, yes! I am so proud of how we have grown over the last 24 months, and exponentially to become a go-to online resource. I owe so much of our success to my team who helped me from the very beginning.
Anne has developed an expertise in rugs, fabrics, technology and e-commerce retail and brings that knowledge to her role as assistant managing editor for Home Accents Today and as a contributing writer for Furniture Today. Please reach out to [email protected] with any story ideas.