LEXINGTON, N.C. — Celebrating Giving Tuesday today – The Common Thread for the Cure Foundation is seeking donations for its Helping Hand Grants, supporting those who are battling breast cancer.
Confidential Helping Hand Grants provide financial assistance to individuals affiliated with the furnishings and design industries or to their immediate family members who are fighting breast cancer. Donations made to these grants offer relief in areas where insurance does not apply, such as financial obligations, household needs and transportation to medical appointments.
To date, the 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization has raised more than $1 million and has offered financial assistance to more than 300 individuals throughout North America.
The Common Thread for the Cure Foundation offers other ways to support its work:
- Make a monetary donation today on Giving Tuesday or any other time in any amount to The Common Thread for the Cure Foundation.
- If you know someone affiliated with the furnishings and design industries that is currently battling breast cancer, tell them about The Common Thread for the Cure Foundation and the Helping Hand Grants.
- As a company or as an individual, donate funds for one Helping Hand Grant.
- Specify or purchase year-round sponsors’ designated products that benefit the foundation.
- Ask the company where you work to support The Common Thread for the Cure Foundation through financial contributions, sponsorship or a fundraising event.
- Attend, sponsor or volunteer at one or more of the industry fundraising events held throughout the United States.
- Spread awareness of The Common Thread for the Cure Foundation to friends, co-workers and companies within the furnishings industry.
Vicky Jarrett has worked with various furniture industry publications — including Furniture Today, Retail Ideas, Our State magazine and Casual Living — for more than 20 years and rejoined Furniture Today as Managing Editor in 2016.